Registered delegates click here for Symposium Digital Series
The 13th annual HedgeNews Africa Symposium is scheduled for March 9, 2022 in Cape Town, and we are excited to be returning to in-person programming and networking.
The event will be hosted in conjunction with leading industry players, and will adhere to strict Covid protocols, in line with prevailing venue and government restrictions.
As always, the Symposium agenda will feature topical keynote sessions and interactive panel discussions, and we will be working with top fund managers, investors and service providers to craft an agenda that educates, interrogates and inspires.
The agenda will be accredited with CPD points for attendees. The event will retain a hybrid element, and programming will be made available for online viewing, as in 2021.
In a year of ongoing change for global economies, prominent speakers and panellists will focus on key issues affecting alternative asset managers and their investors.
Industry players can look forward to day of important debate and discussion, as well as a premium networking opportunity.
Symposium topics will include:
- The macro picture: implications for managers and investors
- Playing the Pan Africa story
- Different hedge fund strategies and what they offer
- Risk and reward in South African equities
- Risk and reward in South African fixed income
- How private debt is bringing change
- From crypto to carbon and commodities – accessing new ideas
The 12th annual HedgeNews Africa Symposium took place in three-part digital series on March 11, 18 and 25.
The CPD-accredited content will remain on the site for 12 months to March 2022 for registered delegates to work through it in their own time.
• Standard booking rate: $590/R8,800 – access to post-event podcasts 50% off this rate
• 15% discount for hedge fund managers and investors $500/R7,480
• 25% discount for HedgeNews Africa subscribers $440/R6,600
Only one discount applies
*ZAR rates are exclusive of VAT
**Applicable to standard booking rate only
Not-for-profit hedge fund investors, pension fund trustees and financial advisers are eligible for discounted rates. Please email email@example.com for information.
For accommodation at the Vineyard Hotel or alternative options, please click here.
The HedgeNews Africa Symposium 2021 programme has been approved by the Financial Planning Institute of Southern Africa. Members who attend will receive 9.5 CPD Points, which are required to develop and maintain their capabilities to perform competently in their professional environments.
HedgeNews Africa Symposium 2021 provisional agenda – in three-part digital series
Series 1: March 11, 9am – 12 noon
KEYNOTE CONVERSATION: Capital Allocators: How the world’s elite money managers lead and invest. Speaker: Ted Seides, Capital Allocators
PANEL: Global macro outlook 2021
PANEL: South African equities 2021
PANEL: South African fixed income 2021
Series 2: March 18, 9am – 12 noon
IN CONVERSATION: The road less travelled: How are investors re-shaping their portfolios in a pandemic-hit world? Can alternative assets make a difference? Speaker: Nikos Latsos, Credit Suisse.
EDUCATIONAL MASTERCLASS in partnership with BlackRock.
PANEL: ADDING A DIFFERENT DIMENSION – how hedge funds add value
PANEL: Making an Impact: Helping society build solutions
Series 3: March 25, 9am – 12 noon
KEYNOTE CONVERSATION: Alpha opportunities in a fast-moving world.
Lee Robinson, Altana Wealth
PANEL SESSION: PAN AFRICAN PROSPECTS – examining different asset classes.
OPERATIONAL FORUM in partnership with Prescient.
PANEL: ADAPTING TO CHANGE – Do quant processes add value?
PANEL: REALISING POTENTIAL – Nurturing the next generation
- This programme is provisional and subject to change at the organiser’s discretion
The following speakers have been confirmed as of 17/02/21 :
- Ted Seides, Capital Allocators
- Nikos Latsos, Credit Suisse
- Fabio Osta, BlackRock Alternative Specialists
- Justin Cousins, Peregrine Capital
- Patrick Ghali, Sussex Partners
- Ben Goderski, SS&C Advent
- Justus Meyer, Prescient Fund Services
- Niki Natarajan, In Ink (London)
- Will Ridge, Investec Markets Limited
- Craig Stanley, Enko Capital Management
- Neil Wilson, Wilson Willis Management
- Lee Robinson, Altana Wealth
- Marthinus van der Nest, Amplify
- Eugene Visagie, Optimum Invest Group
- Jonathan du Toit, Oystercatcher Investements
- Jacolene Otto, Maitland
- Shane Watkins, All Weather Capital
- Clarissa van der Westhuyzen, Fairtree
- Olwethu Cata, Thuso Partners
- Carmel Nel, Matrix Fund Managers
- Ryan Wood-Collier, Greenpoint Capital
- Steve Pratt, Prime Asset Managers
- Kim Silberman, RMB
- Johan Marnewick, Stanlib
- Rowan Williams, Nitrogen Fund Managers
- Nomathibana Matshoba, Terebinth Capital
- Rirhandzu Sithole, Futuregrowth
- Patrice Moyal, Visio Fund Management
- André Steyn, Steyn Capital Management
- Kevin Gundle, Aurum Fund Management
- Maria Da Silva, HedgeNews Africa
- Jean Pierre Verster, Protea Capital Management
- Emlyn Flint, Peresec
- Nazmeera Moola, Ninety One
- Jeleze Hattingh, Southchester Investment Managers
- Heiko Van Wyngaarden, Optis Investment Management (UK)
- Murray Winckler, Laurium Capital
- Jens Nystedt, Emso Asset Management
- Rashaad Tayob, Abax Investments
- Theana Neveling, H4 Collective Investments
- Andrew Cairns, Standard Bank
- Nafees Hossain, Absa Alternative Asset Management
- Claire Rentzke, Sukha & Associates
- Gus Louw, RisCafé
- Peter Worthington, Absa
The Symposium attracts the top hedge fund managers, investors and service providers focusing on the African region.
Our programme is created by an editorial team who track the industry year round, giving us the edge in creating a topical and timely agenda that covers the real issues in the market.
We facilitate executive-level discussions with company decision-makers on our impressive speaker list, contributing via panel sessions and keynote speeches.
The one-day forum is held in a closed-door environment with no other media present, allowing participants the freedom to engage in in-depth discussions as well as interactive Q&A sessions.
For a full list of companies that attended the 2017 HedgeNews Africa Symposium, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsors and Exhibits
The HedgeNews Africa Symposium offers an important opportunity for sponsors to showcase their products and services before a high-level audience.
We partner with top-tier industry players who are dedicated to building their brand at the highest levels while interacting with their target audience in a productive and informative environment.
The Symposium offers a premier sponsorship opportunity for:
• Prime brokers
• Investment banks
• Brokerage firms
• Accounting firms
• Fund companies
If you are looking to enter the exciting African market or if your company offers access to untapped opportunities on the continent or the more developed South African space, you should consider partnering with us.
To discuss partnering with us further or if you would like to receive our marketing pack with more details, please contact Lindsay Mitchell.
T: +27 21 8500585
Q. You have several discounts on offer. Can I have more than one discount applied to my booking?
Only one discount can be applied per booking.
Q. Is the Symposium for one day only?
Yes it is.
Q. Can I share my ticket with a colleague?
If you would like to share your ticket with a colleague you must apply in writing to us via email. A decision will be made at our discretion.
Q. Do I have to fill in a booking form or can I register over the telephone or by email?
We must receive a completed booking form.
Q. Does a ticket to the Symposium include a dinner seat at the HedgeNews Africa Awards Dinner?
No, a ticket to the Symposium does not include attendance at the HedgeNews Africa Awards. These tickets are sold separately.
Q. Is the HedgeNews Africa Awards Dinner always on the same day of the Symposium?
Yes. It is hosted in the evening.
Q. Can I pay for my booking by credit card?
Yes. You can pay by credit card. We will send you an email with the details of how to proceed.
Q. Can I cancel my booking and get a refund?
Tickets are non-refundable and may be transferred only at the organiser’s discretion. Please note a ticket to the Symposium does not include attendance at the HedgeNews Africa Awards.
Q. Can I have a delegate list?
It is our policy not to release delegate lists. However, you can view a list of companies that attended the Symposium last year here.
Q. Can I claim CPD credits for this event?
Yes, you can. The Symposium programme is approved by the Financial Planning Institute of Southern Africa (FPI).
“We loved the event and the location.” – Simon Ruddick, Albourne Partners
“I enjoyed the cross section of speakers.” – Gary Linford, HighWater Limited
“They get better and better every year and we thoroughly enjoyed the content and networking from the day” – Hamish James, Investec Prime Services
“The annual HedgeNews Africa Symposium has established itself as a benchmark industry event over recent years. I have found great value in the interactions and insights shared by peers and investors. The event presents a high quality offering.” – Steve Liptz: Director & Co-founder of 36ONE Asset Management